Yes friends, it's true. I have been nominated for 'The Versatile Blogger Award'!! *curtseys* *waits for applause to subside*
This is so unexpected! I would first like to thank *gets out folded piece of paper from cleavage* Alex Diakonis for nominating me, and of course I'd like to thank my mom and dad, and my agent (oh wait, I don't have one of those...oh WAIT! I haven't even published a book yet! Oh dear.).
So I don't get accused of 'false advertising' or 'treason' (why I would get accused of treason, I don't know...maybe there's some pirates out there reading my blog), The 'Versatile Blogger Award' is a 'glorified chain letter'. But I choose to see past that and display my award proudly on my blog, and maybe on my fridge!
As with anything, this 'award' comes with strings attached. Here are the strings:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award (see picture above)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the post with a link back to their blog.
- Share 7 completely random (and hopefully true) pieces of information about yourself.
- Include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs, or tweeting them, or sending smoke signals. Whatever floats your pirate boat.
Okay, so all the technical stuff is out of the way. Are you ready for 7 random facts about yours truly?
Are you sitting on the edge of your seat with anticipation? Getting lightheaded from excitement?
Are you okay? Would you like a glass of water? A cold towel? A paper bag in which to breathe?
I'll sit here and wait for the frenzy to settle a bit. *checks e-mail* *gets a glass of water*
So here I am, folks. In 7 little nutshells.
1. Speaking of nuts, my mom always said I was a nut so one day I asked her, 'what type of nut'? She took some time to answer, but told me I was a walnut because it has different 'compartments' and so do I. She said I have a balls-to-the-wall part (I'm paraphrasing here), a silly part, a compassionate part and a lumberjack part (of all things...). She even wrote me a story about how I'm like a walnut.
2. While we're on the topic of nuts, I LOVE nuts. I must be part chipmunk. Almonds, walnuts, pecans, pistachios...doesn't matter. I'm not picky. I just love them. But sometimes you need to have some distance from the things you love, so for the month of February I'm going nut-free. Except that I'm going slightly nuts without my nuts.
3. I'm an only child. This admission always leads to two questions, so let me answer them for you. Yes, I was spoiled...with love. And no, I don't ever miss having brothers and sisters. Though when I was younger I wanted an older brother so that he could protect me and so that he could bring his cute guy friends over. A bodyguard and a network of cute boys is a reasonable request for an older brother, I think. :)
4. I play the piano. I was quite good (in my parents eyes anyway) when I was in my teens. I even recorded a CD! Family and friends got it as a Christmas gift. To this day I haven't listened to it.
5. I can touch my tongue to my nose.
6. My return flight home from a trip to Italy was delayed almost 2 hours because they were waiting for actor Kevin Kline to board the plane.
7. I'm getting my first tattoo on Saturday. I am both scared and excited. I'm thrilled with the design and just hope that it doesn't hurt too much, though I'll be lying down so if I pass out at least I'll already be horizontal! Plus, if I'm passed out I won't feel the pain!
Well, how are you doing now? Have these 7 nuggets whetted your appetite about me, or have I left you wanting more?
I have another post that will be coming up soon, so I guess you'll just have to wait. In the meantime, why don't you check out the following posts by some fantastic bloggers? Because, my friends, I am now paying it forward and nominating the next round of 'Versatile Bloggers' (for some reason I equate versatile to flexible and picture these people sitting with both legs over their head *shrug*). These talented people may have been nominated before without my knowing, but in my opinion multiple nominations just mean they're just that much more talented and...versatile (they can rub their belly AND pat their head with their leg behind their back??).
1. Ken Hoss
2. Renee Willis
3. Jeannie Moon
4. Julie Glover
5. Melody With Words
6. Rachel Lyndhurst
7. Tess Hardwick
8. Michael R. Hicks
9. Robert Pruneda
10. Jennifer Gracen
11. Christy Tarner
12. Judy Mayhew
13. Thomas A. Knight
14. Marie Borthwick
15. Susi Nonnemacher
Okay folks, homework has been assigned....now scoot!